Families may begin their financial aid application for the 2019-2020 academic year on November 1, 2018.
To Complete the Parent Financial Statement:
- If you are a first-time applicant, begin the PFS at www.sssbynais.org. You will choose a username and password that will allow you to return to your PFS at a later time to finish uploading information or in case updates are necessary.
- Returning families can log into their prior year account.
- Once in your account, you will be instructed to upload the proper documents and complete the online forms. There is an excellent help line provided by SSS for questions pertaining to the use of their system.
- When completing the Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS), use the New Hampton School code of 5308 to ensure the Financial Aid Committee can review your information.
New Hampton School requires the following documents from all applicants:
- A complete copy of the 2018 Federal Income Tax Return when available. *
- A complete copy of the 2017 Federal Income Tax Return along with all supporting schedules.
- A copy of all current year W2 forms
- A Business/Farm statement if applicable
- An International Student Supplement if applicable
- Families with other children in tuition paying schools should be prepared to submit payment agreements and/or aid and scholarship information.
*The Financial Aid Committee will review applications with the prior fiscal year tax information and make conditional awards. Once current fiscal year tax data is available, families must upload it to their SSS account for review.
Additional documentation and information may be requested as we evaluate files. All families, new and returning, must complete this process each year they intend to apply for financial aid.
In the case of separated or divorced parents, New Hampton School requires a completed PFS from both natural parents and any step-parents. In such instances, an application with only one PFS will be considered incomplete. Please feel free to contact the financial aid office directly to discuss your individual family situation.
For returning students, financial aid decisions are sent mid-February. For new students, financial aid decisions will be communicated along with admission decisions on March 10th.
If you have further questions, please contact the Director of Enrollment Management, Will McCulloch, at firstname.lastname@example.org